[ot-users] How to define a gradient implementation (for FORM analysis) ?

jerome.de-lauzon at bureauveritas.com jerome.de-lauzon at bureauveritas.com
Thu Jan 30 11:13:29 CET 2014

Hello everyone,

I work in Bureau Veritas Research Department and I've recently started to
use OpenTURNS.

I want to perform a FORM analysis with a NumericalMathFunction I've
defined using a python function (derived from the OpenTURNSPythonFunction,
as explained in user manual). In my case, it is a polynomial function.

When I run the analysis, I get the following warning message:
WRN - You are using a default implementation for the gradient. Be careful,
your computation can be severely wrong!

Does anyone know if it is possible to define a gradient implementation
using a python function ?

Best regards,

Jérôme de LAUZON
Research Departement/ Hydro-Structure Section
Tél. +33 (0)1 55 24 75 13
Fax. +33 (0)1 55 24 70 26
jerome.de-lauzon at bureauveritas.com

BUREAU VERITAS - Marine & Offshore Division
67/71, Boulevard du Château - 92571 Neuilly-Sur-Seine Cdx - France
www.bureauveritas.com

This message contains confidential information.
To know more, please click on the following link:
http://disclaimer.bureauveritas.com