[ot-users] Fwd: [OpenTURNS] #703: Question about random generator state

Ivan Panin panin at phystech.edu
Thu Apr 3 15:14:06 CEST 2014

Hi!

 I'd like to know, is there a way to set the initial seed of random
generators for all
OpenTURNS objects that use random generators?

 Do I understand correctly that
 {{{
 RandomGenerator.SetSeed(123)
 }}}
 is the only way to do it for all cases? I mean, is it sufficient to set
 RandomGenerator seed to ensure that the result of a script will be the
 same at different runs and on different computers?

 Isn't it used randomization in OpenTURNS optimization algorithms (e.g. for
 FORM/SORM methods or for building of LogNornal distribution based on the
 sample), in underlying C++ libraries? How to set the initial state of
 random generator in this case?

--
Ivan Panin, phD student,
Datadvance