[ot-users] constraint error FORM

Anita Laera anita.laera87 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 15:25:47 CET 2017

Hi all,
I have a simple question regarding the constraint error of a FORM analysis,
the constraint error is defined as |f(u_n) - s| , i.e. the absolute
difference between the result and the threshold.

In my case, the result in the design point is 845.307471892986 and the
threshold is 850 (in the physical space).
I would expect the constraint error to be about 4.69, but the value
obtained with the method getConstraintError() is 4.59. Why?

If I calculate the difference between the result and the threshold for each
performed evaluation, I never find 4.59.

Could it be different because it is calculated in the standard space u? How
could I verify the value?

Thank you for your time!