[ot-users] constraint error FORM

Anita Laera anita.laera87 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 12:59:13 CET 2017

Thank you for your explanation!

I am using Cobyla and the only 0.1 I can find is the maximum residual error.

The maximum values I set for all the errors are:
- absolute error = 0.001
- relative error = 0.001
- constraint error = 8.5
- residual error = 0.1

I have also another question related to the convergence.
I have a very similar case as the one explained before apart from the
number of input parameters, that are 3.

In FORM, using Cobyla, the convergence is reached if either absolute and
relative error are below the threshold or constraint and residual error are
below the threshold.

The convergence is reached after 65 iterations when the errors are:
abs = 0.000761284523
rel = 0.00138743025
cons = 2.67538622   (also in this case the constraint error calculated as
f(x) - s is 0.1 larger than what is returned by getConstraintError(), in
fact it is 2.77538622)
res = 0.0000854386493

By plotting the error history I can see that already from the 10th
iteration both the residual and the constraint error are lower than the
maximum value I set. The absolute and relative error are still quite large.
It performs anyway 65 iterations to converge (with the final error results
written above).
Considering the low values of all the errors, the results are quite good
but I cannot understand what is the stop criterion of the analysis.
If at each iteration the errors are checked, than the analysis should have
converged much earlier.

Thank you,
Anita