[ot-users] Evaluations vs. iterations - FORM

Anita Laera anita.laera87 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 13:04:11 CET 2017

Hi Julien,
thank you. I understand the reason, especially in the case of a
gradient-based optimization algorithm
I am now using Cobyla and I would like to understand why I reach
convergence at the iteration 65 (at least counting the number of rows in
the error history), which corresponds to the results of the evaluation 65,
but, after that, I have other 7 evaluations and the last one is a
calculation with all mean parameters (i.e. my starting point).
Thank you!